Looking for information about Kaunas culture or want to share it? Welcome to Kaunas embassy of culture – Cultural Information Center (CIC) located at the Kaunas Artist’s House!
Cultural Information Center
Opening hours are 10am – 7pm, Mon-Fri. V. Putvinskio St. 56, Kaunas.
- Discover the routes of Kaunas culture, learn about events in the city, and get acquainted with the activities of members of the culture and art community.
- Look for the latest issues of Kaunas Full Culture in Lithuanian and English and add archival publications to your collection.
Opening hours are 10am – 7pm, Mon- Fri. V. Putvinskio St. 56, Kaunas
- The collection of publications of Kaunas Artists’ House reading room consist of cultural theory, criticism, and art history books, culture, and art periodicals, catalogues of various exhibitions, artists’ monographs or books (Catalogue of Publications)
- A comfortable work and meeting space, where lectures, presentations and other events are also organized. Create and work in the Kaunas Artists’ House reading room space.
- Kaunas Artists’ House reading room publications can be read not only on site, but also borrowed for a period of two weeks. Borrowing terms and conditions can be found here.
- All culture in one place – an online calendar of Kaunas cultural events
- Kaunas cultural activity monitoring and analysis tool
- Free monthly magazine about personalities and events in Kaunas
- Online cultural routes
The next stop on your route in Kaunas is culture!
Information for cultural operators
The mission of the Culture Information Center is to give meaning to culture and its benefits to society by bringing together the Kaunas cultural community. To this end, we invite everyone to cooperate, share information and at the same time reveal the uniqueness of the cultural field. Our task is not to create new initiatives but to provide publicity platforms and other useful tools to the already existing ones. Also, to contribute to the development of competencies of cultural operators through various types of training.
We invite you to use our free services
- To distribute handouts or other material about your activities in Cultural Information Center
- To announce events in the online calendar of events kultura.kaunas.lt and in the monthly publication Kaunas Full of Culture
- To look for and publish information in the Cultural Information Center’s Facebook group
- To organize work meetings, press conferences, or other events in the Reading Room;
- With the help of kultura.kaunas.lt monitoring and analysis tool to collect and analyze the data of our organization’s work (visitor flows, communication data, and other event results)
- With the help of kultura.kaunas.lt monitoring and analysis tool, simply and easily provide Kaunas city municipality with data on the activities of the organization (only for Kaunas city municipality’s budgetary cultural institutions)
- To participate in training programs (only for kultura.kaunas.lt users)
More about kultura.kaunas.lt event calendar and cultural activity monitoring and analysis tool
In 2017, Kaunas Artists’ House, together with partners, started to develop a tool for monitoring and analyzing Kaunas cultural activities, the aim of which is to unite city and district’s cultural operators, collect data on their activities, analyze the growth and development prospects of the common cultural field. The goal is to combine the needs of different institutions, solve common issues of cultural activities and provide innovative, high-quality services.
The online tool works on several levels: 1) in individual accounts accessible to cultural operators, where data is collected, self-analyzed and then the event information is entered, which is included in 2) an open, accessible to citizens and city guests, calendar of cultural events kultura.kaunas.lt
The tool is unique because it provides the possibility to enter data on cultural activities. It is also supplemented with the data analysis function. The analysis is possible at several levels:
- Individual. The filling in of event data allows each institution to monitor and evaluate its performance;
- Kaunas Cultural Field. Each month a general analysis of Kaunas cultural field is provided to culture and art operators, which reflects the cultural tendencies in the city;
- Strategic. Each institution can contact the administrator of kultura.kaunas.lt for a detailed analysis of its activities, which is the starting point for successful strategic planning.
It is expected that data based on analysis and interpretation will contribute to sustainable cultural field decisions at the city level. At the same time, it is an opportunity to follow the problem areas of the cultural field, as well as to celebrate and publicize achievements that exceed expectations.
Kaunas residents and guests of Kaunas city are invited to come to the yard of Kaunas Faculty of Vilnius Academy of Arts, where the Art Fair to Support Ukraine will
On February 24-27, Kaunas Artists' House will participate in the Vilnius Book Fair (stand no. 3.40).
Your next stop in Riga this weekend is the embassy of Kaunas culture! On 28-29 February at the Latvian Book Fair 2020 look for the illuminated sign of Cultural Infocentre that is coming to present you Kaunas culture news.